FDIO offers a range of services to Aboriginal organisations, their stakeholders and service providers aiming to continually improve governance effectiveness.
We prepare, we support and we advise.
New and current Directors of Aboriginal organisations require specialised preparation and training to be able to add maximum value in complex legislative and cultural environments. FDIO prepares Boards, Directors and Executives to perform right from the start by:
• Growing the talent pool of Independent Directors through an Independent Director registry
• Growing the talent pool of Aboriginal Directors through an Aboriginal Director registry
• Advertisement portal for executive and governance vacancies
• Tailored recruitment service for high quality leaders
• Provision of a locum service
• Supporting quality Nominations Processes for Aboriginal Organisations
In the governance structure of Aboriginal organisations, corporate and cultural obligations need to interact. Balancing these obligations is not easy. FDIO supports Boards, Directors and Executives to fulfill all of their obligations by:
• Disseminating information, tools, technologies and templates through advanced research and development by partners
• Facilitating a Professional Development Program for CEO’s
• Facilitating a Professional Development Program for Directors, with responses for variable levels of Director competency
• Multi-dimensional mentor-centred programs for CEO’s and Directors
• Performance reviews
FDIO combines governance, leadership, strategic and compliance expertise with experience in Aboriginal organisations and the government, corporate and community sectors. This comprehensive knowledge allows us to bring relevant insight and provide appropriate advice including:
• Delivering a calendar of network events, thought leadership seminars and collaboration workshops
• Connecting the ecosystem through networking and referrals with a service registry
• Preparing newsletters with sector advice, opportunities and information
• Providing resources to support needs through a Resource Library
Contact us to discuss your organisation’s specific needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.