FDIO prepares, supports and advises Boards, Directors and Executives of Aboriginal organisations to practice effective, culturally informed governance.
Good governance is all about making good decisions. Those decisions need to improve organisational capability, ensure sustainability and provide measurable outcomes.
Yet, the governance framework of Aboriginal organisations is more complex than most. In order to make good decisions, Directors and Executives must constantly reconcile how compliance processes and corporate governance responsibilities interact with cultural obligations.
FDIO works with leaders to strengthen their organisation’s governance capability so their decisions have a positive impact on their community.
We walk with organisations as they build stronger communities.
FDIO is an independent, not for profit charitable trust located in WA. We offer a range of services to Aboriginal organisations, their stakeholders and service providers.
Our approach is to provide value for money services, with insight and integrity.
Services are tailored to suit the unique needs of each client. We always aim to transfer knowledge, as well as deliver sustainable outcomes.
Ultimately our role is to prepare, support and advise, in order to continually improve governance effectiveness.
The increasing number and impact of Aboriginal Corporations throughout the nation highlights the contemporary importance of the function that FDIO performs; to prepare, support and advise Directors and Executives of Aboriginal Organisations.
• Growing the talent pool of Independent Directors through an Independent Director registry
• Growing the talent pool of Aboriginal Directors through an Aboriginal Director registry
• Advertisement portal for executive and governance vacancies
• Tailored recruitment service for high quality leaders
• Provision of a locum service
• Supporting quality Nominations Processes for Aboriginal Organisations
• Disseminating information, tools, technologies and templates through advanced research and development by partners
• Facilitating a Professional Development Program for CEO’s
• Facilitating a Professional Development Program for Directors, with responses for variable levels of Director competency
• Multi-dimensional mentor-centred programs for CEO’s and Directors
• Performance reviews
• Delivering a calendar of network events, thought leadership seminars and collaboration workshops
• Connecting the ecosystem through networking and referrals with a service registry
• Preparing newsletters with sector advice, opportunities and information
• Providing resources to support needs through a Resource Library
If you would like to find out more about these initiatives please contact the Executive Officer on 0422 420 602 or email@example.com.