Being a CEO of an Indigenous organisation is a privilege yet it brings with it a unique set of responsibilities, opportunities and challenges, including the need to balance corporate and cultural governance obligations.
This is 'not your average CEO position'.
Join us for this provocative and enlightening 'FDIO Thought Leadership' conversation as current and former CEOs of Indigenous and Non-Indigenous backgrounds (including Wayne Nannup, CEO of South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council and Jahna Cedar, EO of Gumala Aboriginal Corporation) share their experiences, provide insight and respond to your questions.
- Why is being a CEO of an Indigenous owned and controlled organisation very different from CEO roles in other Not-for-Profit and/or Corporate entities?
- What does it take to effectively walk and talk in both the corporate and cultural worlds?
- Are there certain characteristics you need to succeed in this environment?
- How do CEOs rate service providers and support agencies?
- What's the key to a successful Board-CEO dynamic?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Current and aspiring Directors of Indigenous Organisations
Corporate entities with Reconciliation Action Plans
Resource Sector companies with relationships with Traditional Owner Groups
Service providers to Indigenous Organisations/Trusts
Government agencies with an interest in Indigenous policy and self-determination
Community members interested in enhancing their cultural understanding
WEDNESDAY, 11 APRIL 2018
Liberty Conference Centre
Ground Floor, 197 St George's Terrace, Perth
PURCHASE TICKETS HERE