FDIO prepares, supports and advises Boards, Directors and Executives of Aboriginal organisations to practice effective, culturally informed governance.
Good governance is all about making good decisions. Those decisions need to improve organisational capability, ensure sustainability and provide measurable outcomes.
Yet, the governance framework of Aboriginal organisations is more complex than most. In order to make good decisions, Directors and Executives must constantly reconcile how compliance processes and corporate governance responsibilities interact with cultural obligations.
FDIO works with leaders to strengthen their organisation’s governance capability so their decisions have a positive impact on their community.
We walk with organisations as they build stronger communities.
FDIO is an independent, not for profit charitable trust located in WA. We offer a range of services to Aboriginal organisations, their stakeholders and service providers.
Our approach is to provide value for money services, with insight and integrity.
Services are tailored to suit the unique needs of each client. We always aim to transfer knowledge, as well as deliver sustainable outcomes.
Ultimately our role is to prepare, support and advise, in order to continually improve governance effectiveness.
FDIO is applying its knowledge of corporate and cultural governance with its experience working with Aboriginal Corporations, Trusts, and Enterprises to expand its service offerings this year.
Some of FDIO's new projects include:
- Facilitating meetings between 8 Traditional Owner Groups in the Pilbara and RTIO to consider opportunities to collaborate for maximum impact
- Providing advice on the induction process for new members of a Local Aboriginal Corporation Board
- Working with a Traditional Owner Advisors on a Charitable Trust to recruit a new Independent Advisor
- Coordinating the pre-qualification process for Traditional Owner Director nominees to a Native Title Board
- Collaborating with the Board of an Aboriginal owned and operated Trust to conduct a performance review of their Executive
- Undertaking a refresh of a register of qualified Independent Directors
- Conducting a workshop with Indigenous Trust service providers to explore opportunities to better support Directors and Boards
If you would like to find out more about these projects please contact Tahnee Davies on 0466 726 909 or email@example.com