FDIO supports Boards, directors and executives of Indigenous organisations to practice effective, culturally informed governance.
The governance framework of Indigenous organisations is more complex than most. In addition to building corporate governance knowledge, directors and executives must reconcile how compliance processes and governance responsibilities impact on, and interact with, cultural obligations.
Founded in 2012 as an independent, not for profit charitable trust, FDIO continues to expand its scope, finding new ways to support members. As always we remain grounded in providing professional, insightful and authentic services.
Located in WA, FDIO offers a range of services including:
Director development – Preparing directors with the right governance and cultural competencies so they can add maximum value to Indigenous organisations.
Resources – Providing a range of resources, tools and information that can assist effective governance and build capacity.
Facilitation – Offering facilitation expertise for meetings, strategy planning processes and governance competency workshops.
Knowledge sharing – Providing opportunities for knowledge to be shared via forums, panel discussions and professional networking; supplying the latest information and developments on governance best practice; and offering personalised and confidential advice.
Vacancy advertising – Providing a free service to advertise director and executive vacancies at Indigenous organisations.
FDIO is applying its knowledge of corporate and cultural governance with its experience working with Aboriginal Corporations, Trusts, and Enterprises to expand its service offerings this year.
Some of FDIO's new projects include:
- Facilitating meetings between 8 Traditional Owner Groups in the Pilbara and RTIO to consider opportunities to collaborate for maximum impact
- Providing advice on the induction process for new members of a Local Aboriginal Corporation Board
- Working with a Traditional Owner Advisors on a Charitable Trust to recruit a new Independent Advisor
- Coordinating the pre-qualification process for Traditional Owner Director nominees to a Native Title Board
- Collaborating with the Board of an Aboriginal owned and operated Trust to conduct a performance review of their Executive
- Undertaking a refresh of a register of qualified Independent Directors
- Conducting a workshop with Indigenous Trust service providers to explore opportunities to better support Directors and Boards
If you would like to find out more about these projects please contact Tahnee Davies on 0466 726 909 or firstname.lastname@example.org